An early intervention program for families with young children who have a diagnosed developmental disability, may be at risk for delays in their development, or are struggling to meet their milestones
The early years of your child’s life are very important. How your child develops depends partly on his or her experiences with you, your family and participation in your community.
The Infant and Child Development Program is a provincially funded, family centered and community-based program that supports families in providing their young children with a good start in life.
Are you worried about your child’s development?
Are you concerned about what your child does or does not do and why?
Is your little one having difficulties learning new skills?
Has your child been diagnosed with a developmental delay, or are there concerns for delays in their development?
If you live in Lanark County or the Town of Smiths Falls and your child has not yet entered school, the Lanark Infant and Child Development Program may be able to provide support to you and your family.
What do we do?
- We check in on your child’s overall skill development, assist families in identifying their child’s strengths and needs and plan how to support next steps in the progression of their development
- We provide coaching strategies to families on how to promote new skills for their children through play- based learning, which can be incorporated into their everyday family life routines
- We provide information and supports, specific to your child’s diagnosis and/or family needs
- We assist families in increasing their knowledge of other community-based supports and services and facilitate referrals, with parental permission, when appropriate
How Do I Refer?
- Family self-referrals are encouraged- we look forward to your call!
- Referrals from other community-based programs are also accepted, with informed parental consent
- Program inquiries are welcome from any individual or group
- Referrals can be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Infant and Child Development Program has had the privilege of connecting with many families over the years. Here is what some of them have to say:
“Without my (ICDP) worker and people like her, this journey would be very hard. She cares and that is something that no money can buy!”
“My thoughts and concerns are always listened to and respected and we brainstorm collaboratively to find solutions.”
“We are very happy with the excellent services we have received – please don’t change a thing!”
“A great big thank you for coming to see us at the playgroups. Your suggestions are very helpful and my child can play with others because of you!”
“Please keep doing what you are doing. We feel very fortunate to be a part of this great family centered program!”
For more information on Infant and Child Development in Lanark County, please call:
ConnectWell Community Health- Carleton Place 613-257-7121 or Toll Free (800) 667-2617
For more information on Infant and Child Development in Leeds & Grenville County, please visit:
For more information on Infant and Child Development in Renfrew County, please visit: