Communication is the way we interact with the world; from a baby’s earliest smiles and sounds to having interactions in adulthood. If a person has difficulty communicating, this may impact all aspects of their life.
- Are you concerned about your preschool child’s speech, language, or play milestones?
- Do you have a child or youth with Autism Spectrum Disorder?
- Do you support an adult with a Developmental Disability or Autism in a community setting and need communication support?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, our Speech and Language services may be the support you need.
Who are we?
We are a team of Registered Speech-Language Pathologists and Communicative Disorders Assistants.
What is the Cost?
Services for preschool children and adults with developmental delays are funded by the Provincial government. The cost for services for clients with Autism Spectrum Disorder may vary. Please contact us for details.
How do I Make a referral?
Preschool Speech and Language Services – Language Express
- To refer a preschool child between the ages of zero to Senior Kindergarten entry, please fill out the Communication Check-up from Language Express. If you have questions or need support, please call 1-613-283-2742 or 1-888-503-8885.
- Parents can refer on behalf of their own child. Preschool referrals can also come from other individuals or programs as long as they have parental consent. A physician referral is not required.
- To express interest in services for children and youth with Autism Spectrum Disorder, please register here and follow us on ConnectWell Autism Services on Facebook for up-to-date offerings.
Adults in the Community
- For more information regarding consultation services for adults 18 and over in a Community support setting:
Speech Language Program Adult Consultation Referral Form
For more information on any of our services, please call our Carleton Place site at ConnectWell Community Health: 613-257-7121 or toll-free at 1-800-667-2617.