Services for families of preschool children with speech and/or language difficulties, adults with developmental delay, and children, youth and adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
Communication is the way we interact with the world; from a baby’s earliest smiles and coos to having conversations in adulthood. If a person has difficulty communicating, they may be more isolated and struggle in all aspects of their life.
Are you concerned about your preschool child’s speech and language milestones?
Does your child’s play or social interactions seem inappropriate to you?
Do you support an adult with a Developmental Disability or Autism in a community setting and need communication support?
Do you have a child with Autism Spectrum Disorder?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, the Speech & Language Program may be an appropriate service.
Who are we?
The Speech & Language Program is a provincially-funded program that supports individuals to make the most of their communication skills.
We are a team of CASLPO Registered Speech-Language Pathologists and Communications Disorders Assistants.
Who do we serve?
- Children between the ages of zero to Senior Kindergarten entry living in Lanark County
- Adults with developmental disabilities over the age of 18 living in Lanark County
- People living with Autism Spectrum Disorder living in Lanark, Leeds & Grenville Counties
What do we do?
- Assessment of speech, language, and social interaction skills as well as articulation, emergent literacy, fluency and other communication-based disorders
- A range of interventions depending on the need of the client and family
- Consultation to caregivers in community settings
What is the cost?
Services for preschool children and adults with developmental delays are free. The cost for services for clients with Autism Spectrum Disorder may vary. Please contact us for details.
How do I make a referral?
To refer a preschool child between the ages of zero to Senior Kindergarten entry, please call our partner agency, the Language Express at 1-613-283-2742 or 1-888-503-8885.
Parents can refer on behalf of their own child. Preschool referrals can also come from other individuals or programs as long as they have parent consent. A physician referral is not required.
For all other referrals, including adult referrals and referrals for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder, please call:
ConnectWell Community Health-Carleton Place 613-257-7121 ext. 3200 or Toll Free (800) 667-2617 ext 3200