ConnectWell Comunity Health is dedicated to the principle of providing competent, professional services in a fair, equitable and sensitive manner to all clients without prejusice or discrimination.
Clients have the right to:
- Be treated with courtesy and dignity that respects their individuality.
- Receive high quality care regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, gender, mental or physical disability or sexual orientation.
- Privacy and confidentiality subject to legal reporting requirements.
- Information about the service provided to them and be told who will be providing the service.
- Information they can understand to make informed choices and to participate in the planning and delivery of their care.
- Accept or refuse treatment or service or get a second opinion.
- Receive services in an accessible, safe and clean environment.
- Access their client record and control the release of information through informed consent.
- A copy of their health records. A Practitioner will be available to review the record with the client. ConnectWell Community Health is the custodian of all client records.
- Clients have the right to withdraw consent at any time.
- Utilize ConnectWell Community Health’s complaint procedure and/or make recommendation(s) to improve services.
Clients have the responsibility to:
- Provide relevant information.
- Make decisions about following a treatment plan and accept responsibility for the decisions they make about their health.
- Be courteous and respectful of other clients, volunteers and the staff.
- Recognize that the needs of other clients may sometimes be more urgent than their own.
- Recognize that providers need not provide any treatment that they consider to be medically or ethically inappropriate.
- Respect the time of staff and other clients by attending scheduled appointments and call if they are unable to keep their appointment.