To provide the best possible care, we need to collect and use personal health information. ConnectWell Community Health is committed to keeping your information safe and confidential. We follow the rules set out by law about collecting, using, and disclosing your personal health information.
To ensure the protection of your personal health information, ConnectWell Community Health has;
- established safeguards for the handling of paper, electronic and verbal personal information
- privacy policies and procedures in place
- appointed a Privacy Officer to answer your concerns or inquiries
How We Work
The service providers at ConnectWell Community Health work together to provide you with comprehensive care and services. Personal Health Information for your best care may be shared among those directly involved with your care.
Collecting and Using Personal Health Information
Personal health information will be collected for the purposes of;
- Providing direct care such as medical, counseling and social service
- Enabling ConnectWell Community Health to contact clients regarding upcoming events
- Planning programs and services
- Submitting information required by our funding agencies
- Quality improvement requirements such as evaluations and chart audits
- Meeting any legal or regulatory requirement
Limits to Confidentiality
ConnectWell Community Health may report information to third parties, without consent:
- If we believe you are a danger to yourself or others
- If we suspect that a child under the age of 16 is at risk
- If our records are subpoenaed by the courts
- If you are considered by law to be unable to make informed decisions about yourself
- If you have a communicable disease that must be reported to a Public Health Agency
- To determine or verify your eligibility to receive health care benefits
- In cases of required reporting to the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board
Accessing Your Personal Health Information
The information in your personal health records belongs to you, but the record itself belongs to ConnectWell Community Health.
At any time you may request to see or receive a copy of your record. If you wish to access your record, you will be asked to complete a consent form and an appointment will be set up for you to review the records with your provider.
You also have the right to request a correction. Please make an appointment to discuss with your provider.
Questions or Concerns
If at any time you have questions or concerns about the treatment of your personal health information or the protection of your privacy at ConnectWell Community Health, please do not hesitate to raise your concerns with your service provider or the ConnectWell Community Health Privacy Officer.
Attn: Sarah Sark
ConnectWell Community Health Privacy Officer
30 Bennett Street, Carleton Place Ontario K7C 4J9
You may also contact the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario at 1-800-387-0073, or by email at email@example.com or by visiting www.ipc.on.ca.