A free income tax program run by community volunteers.
Do you struggle with doing your income tax? Would you like help in filing your tax return?
Lanark Community Programs, in partnership with Canada Revenue Agency, are running the Free Community Volunteer Income Tax Program throughout Lanark County again this year. Members of the community, who have a modest income, can have their income tax returns prepared and e-filed by one of our registered, trained and skilled volunteers.
There will be 13 clinics running each year in March and April. Clinics are usually held in Pakenham, Almonte, Carleton Place, Smiths Falls, Perth and Lanark. Community members can drop in to one of the clinics listed below to have their taxes done while they wait, or if they prefer they can drop off their income tax papers for a volunteer to complete at a drop off location also listed below.
Filing income tax is essential in order to receive benefits such as GST/HST credits, Child Tax Benefit, Guaranteed Income Supplement, Working Income Tax Benefit and Provincial Benefits (Trillium).
When you stop by one of our clinics, please make sure you bring:
- Proof of ID
- Tax slips for all income (such as T4, T4A, T5007)
- Tax slips for deductions (such as Child’s fitness, T2202A, medical or donation slips)
- Property tax or rent costs
- Dates of birth for dependents
- Notice of assessment from previous year
- If you are bringing someone else’s income tax papers to complete, including your spouse or dependent, you must have their written permission.
For more information, please call 613-257-7619 ext. 0 or 1-866-25707618 ext. 0.