A free income tax program run by community volunteers, In partnership with Canada Revenue Agency.
Do you struggle with doing your income tax? Would you like help in filing your tax return?
ConnectWell, in partnership with Canada Revenue Agency, is running the Free Community Volunteer Income Tax Program throughout Lanark County again this year. Members of the community, who have a modest income, can have their income tax returns prepared and e-filed by one of our registered, trained and skilled volunteers.
NO IN PERSON CLINICS THIS YEAR and NO DROP OFFS.
Filing income tax is essential in order to receive benefits such as GST/HST credits, Child Tax Benefit, Guaranteed Income Supplement, Working Income Tax Benefit and Provincial Benefits (Trillium).
When you stop by one of our clinics, please make sure you bring:
- Proof of ID
- Tax slips for all income (such as T4, T4A, T5007)
- Tax slips for deductions (such as Child’s fitness, T2202A, medical or donation slips)
- Property tax or rent costs
- Dates of birth for dependents
- Notice of assessment from previous year
- If you are bringing someone else’s income tax papers to complete, including your spouse or dependent, you must have their written permission.
For more information, please call 613-257-7619 ext. 3200 or 1-866-25707618 ext. 3200.