ConnectWell Community Health is seeking a Caseworker for 35 hours per week (1.0 FTE) to begin with us January 2024.. This full-time position offers a competitive benefit package and HOOPP.
Position Summary: The successful candidate will be a contributing member of the Respite Services team, through correspondence, team meetings and supervision.
• Diploma or Degree in one of the Social Sciences
• Substantial and proven experience in working with families of physically and/or intellectually disabled persons with a minimum of two years related experience.
• Knowledge of child and adult provincial funding
• Experience in Case Management
• Skills in assessing and creating community linkages
• Experience with coordinating respite services & programming
• Attention to detail, ability to prioritize and time management skill
• Familiar with developing and monitoring a budget based on allocated funds and family needs
• Available to provide direct care support when needed within program settings
• Ability to work a flexible schedule as the position may involve evening & weekend work
• Ability to participate in an afterhours on call rotation
Reporting Relationship: The successful candidate will report to Respite Services Intake & Casework Manager.
HOW TO APPLY: Qualified candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume detailing their qualifications and interest in the position. Application deadline is December 1, 2023. Applications should be sent to the attention of Chelsea Ballinger (email@example.com).
An offer of employment will be conditional upon the candidate completing a Vulnerable Sector Screening, which includes a criminal reference check and proof of COVID vaccinations (2 doses).
ConnectWell is committed to the principles of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If at any stage in the selection process you require accommodation due to a disability, please contact Chelsea Ballinger (firstname.lastname@example.org) to let us know how we can assist you.
ConnectWell Community Health is also committed to equity, diversity and inclusivity and we encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically disadvantaged and marginalized, including First Nations, Metis and Inuit peoples, Indigenous peoples, racialized persons/persons of colour and those who identify as women, persons with disabilities and LGBTQ+ persons.
Although we appreciate all responses, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.