ConnectWell Community Health is seeking to fill the role of Intensive Case Management Worker, October 2023 to June 2024. In this role, the successful candidate will be supporting youth moving from child and adolescent mental health services to adult mental health services. This contract position covers the school year 2023-2024, for 14 hours to 17.5 hours per week.
The Intensive Case Management Worker (ICMW) is responsible to assist youth with service integration as they transition from child and adolescent mental health services to adult mental health services. This is a highly independent position that requires meeting clients alone in the community. The ICMW is responsible to the youth by assessing their individual needs, supporting them in mental health wellness and facilitating connection to resources within ConnectWell and/or in the broader health care community.
This position works closely with the mental health and primary care teams at Lanark and collaborates with the broader social services and health community.
• A Baccalaureate degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, Social Science or Health related field (or equivalent education and experience).
• Three to five years’ experience in the mental health field, providing community-based mental health services including crisis intervention, group work, referral, and advocacy for clients with complex issues.
• Experience in service integration and transition from child to adult mental health services
• Experience working with disadvantaged, vulnerable and at risk clients.
• Experience working in an independent outreach position, meeting clients alone in the community or in their homes.
• Experience in case management, completing assessments, interviewing and assessing client needs, counseling for substance abuse and goal setting.
• Experience with application of a variety of screening and assessment procedures and tools
• Experience in engaging people with significant barriers to accessing health, social services and housing.
• Experience working with difficult client behaviors, working within a harm reduction framework.
Reporting Relationship: The successful candidate will report to the ConnectWell Community Health Director of Mental Health Services and Connections.
An offer of employment will be conditional upon the candidate completing a Vulnerable Sector Screening which includes a criminal reference check and proof of COVID vaccination.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume detailing their qualifications and interest in the position. Application deadline is September 25, 2023. Applications should be sent to the attention of Jodi Halpenny at firstname.lastname@example.org
ConnectWell is committed to the principles of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If at any stage in the selection process you require accommodation due to a disability, please contact Jodi Halpenny at email@example.com to let us know how we can assist you.
ConnectWell Community Health is also committed to equity, diversity and inclusivity and we encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically disadvantaged and marginalized, including First Nations, Metis and Inuit peoples, Indigenous peoples, racialized persons/persons of colour and those who identify as women, persons with disabilities and LGBTQ+ persons.
Although we appreciate all responses, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.