ConnectWell Community Health is seeking Respite Workers and Program Leads for our Social Saturday Programs to begin in October 2023. We are seeking educated, caring, and motivated individuals who have experience supporting children and youth with Autism and other special needs.
• Diploma or Degree in one of the Social Sciences or related experience (or working towards)
• IBI/ABA experience would be an asset as well as CPI training
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Provide a safe, fun and stimulating experience for individuals
• Ability to work in a team environment and take initiative
• Good communication skills
• First Aid – Training can be provided
• Flexibility in completion of job related tasks such as following behaviour plans, providing toileting support and light housekeeping tasks
Reporting Relationship: The successful candidate will report to the Recreation Coordinator.
An offer of employment will be conditional upon the candidate completing a Vulnerable Sector Screening which includes a criminal reference check and proof of COVID vaccination.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume detailing their qualifications and interest in the position. Application deadline is September 27, 2023. Applications should be sent to the attention of Christine Crampton @ firstname.lastname@example.org
ConnectWell is committed to the principles of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If at any stage in the selection process you require accommodation due to a disability, please contact Christine Crampton @ email@example.com to let us know how we can assist you.
ConnectWell Community Health is also committed to equity, diversity and inclusivity and we encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically disadvantaged and marginalized, including First Nations, Metis and Inuit peoples, Indigenous peoples, racialized persons/persons of colour and those who identify as women, persons with disabilities and LGBTQ+ persons.
Although we appreciate all responses, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
ConnectWell URS Respite Worker Job Description