ConnectWell Community Health is seeking a Social Worker, MSW or Registered Psychotherapist for 28 hours per week. This is a term position to begin December 2023 until July 2025, that includes a comprehensive benefit package and HOOPP.
Position Summary: The Social Worker, MSW or Registered Psychotherapist supports the functioning and independence of clients of ConnectWell Community Health who are over the age of eighteen and seeking support for mental health issues. This position works within the values and objectives of ConnectWell Community Health and provides counselling services within a social determinants of health framework. This includes assessment, counselling, crisis intervention supports, and facilitation of mental health and wellness groups.
• A Master of Social Work or a Masters of Arts in Professional Counseling with Clinical Counseling/Psychotherapy (or working towards).
• Complimentary education to support the position. For example, trauma informed counselling, CBT or couples counselling.
• Minimum three years of experience working with clients who have mental health issues
• Thorough knowledge of and proficiency in clinical assessment, psychosocial counseling techniques and therapeutic models of intervention.
• Additional training/experience in attachment, mindfulness, CBT, solution focused and narrative therapy and/or other current practice models in the theory/treatment of mental health challenges and trauma.
• Ability to work flexible hours (occasional evenings and weekends) based on program needs, as required.
• Attention to detail, ability to prioritize and time management skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication.
Reporting Relationship: The successful candidate will report to the Director of ConnectWell Community Health-Renfrew County Sites
How to Apply: Qualified candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume detailing their qualifications and interest in the position. Applications should be sent to the attention of Tamela Kennedy @ email@example.com.
An offer of employment will be conditional upon the candidate completing a Vulnerable Sector Screening, which includes a criminal reference check and proof of COVID vaccinations (2 doses).
ConnectWell is committed to the principles of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If at any stage in the selection process you require accommodation due to a disability, please contact Tamela Kennedy @ firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know how we can assist you.
ConnectWell Community Health is also committed to equity, diversity and inclusivity and we encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically disadvantaged and marginalized, including First Nations, Metis and Inuit peoples, Indigenous peoples, racialized persons/persons of colour and those who identify as women, persons with disabilities and LGBTQ+ persons.
Although we appreciate all responses, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
ConnectWell Psychotherapist-Social Worker Renfrew Job Description