The Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP) provides support for primarily preschool-age children in partnership with the Language Express Preschool Speech and Language Program of Lanark, Leeds and Grenville. Opportunities may also include supporting school-age, and adult clients and their families, promoting optimal communication and social development, in accordance with professional standards and guidelines. This is a 1 year term contract to begin in January 2024, which includes a comprehensive benefit package and HOOPP.
• Master’s degree in Speech-Language Pathology or equivalent
• Registered or eligible to be registered with the College of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists of Ontario (CASLPO)
• Experience with a range of clients and their families with communication needs including autistic people with and people with developmental delays
• Experience in working with clients and their families in groups, individually, parent training, consulting, and in giving presentations
• Strong time management and organizational skills; able to deal with many competing demands in a calm, professional, and independent manner
• Excellent interpersonal, and oral and written communication skills, with the capacity to relate to clients of different needs, cultures, and socioeconomic backgrounds
• A reliable vehicle, valid driver’s license, and proof of insurance
Experience with Augmentative/Alternative Communication systems (preferred)
• Related supervisory experience of Communicative Disorders Assistants (preferred)
• Certification in Hanen’s “It Takes Two to Talk,” “More Than Words” and “Target Word” (preferred)
Reporting Relationship: The successful candidate will report to the Manager of Family & Developmental Services
Conditions of Employment: Hours of work within a 35-hour work week will be developed in collaboration with the successful candidate to ensure a healthy work-life balance. A schedule of work will be based on the organization’s hours of operation and program requirements and may include some evening and weekend work.
How to apply: Qualified candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume detailing their qualifications and interest in the position. Applications should be sent to the attention of email@example.com
An offer of employment will be conditional upon the candidate completing a Vulnerable Sector Screening, which includes a criminal reference check and proof of COVID vaccinations (2 doses).
ConnectWell is committed to the principles of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If at any stage in the selection process you require accommodation due to a disability, please contract Andrea Mulder to let us know how we can assist you.
ConnectWell Community Health is also committed to equity, diversity and inclusivity and we encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically disadvantaged and marginalized, including First Nations, Metis and Inuit peoples, Indigenous peoples, racialized persons/persons of colour and those who identify as women, persons with disabilities and LGBTQ+ persons.
Although we appreciate all responses, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
ConnectWell Speech-Language Pathologist Job Description