The Birth Companion Program matches pregnant women, who are in need of support, with caring volunteers who can provide emotional support during pregnancy, labour and delivery and for six weeks following the baby’s birth.
A woman can be connected with a Birth Companion as early on in her pregnancy as she wishes. Any woman who feels she needs support can request a Birth Companion.
- Our trained volinteers provide support during pregnancy, labour and delivery.
- support for both parents is available
Are you interested in volunteering with the Birth Companion program?
As a Birth Companion, you will:
- Provide one on one support, education, accompaniments to appointments and companionship for at least 3 hours a week.
- Go through an extensive training program, and receive ongoing training
- Offer non-judgemental support to the mother or both parents
Download and complete our Volunteer Birth Companion Application if you are interested in volunteering in this capacity.